Lean in manufacturing and service organizations
Lean essential for business
Lean is a methodology that incorporates a powerful set of tools and techniques designed to maximize customer value, while reducing waste along the entire value stream. It also focuses on improving overall efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction. Due to its ability to improve customer satisfaction and deliver bottom line financial gains to organizations, it is a preferred strategic choice for many business organizations.
This course introduces the basic principles of Lean, including:
- five-step Lean process cycle
- 5S for organizing and standardizing a workplace.
- strategies for using Hoshin Kanri
- activities involved in the Jidoka process.
- the principles of Standard Work
- Visual Workplace
- just-in-time management
- line balancing
- Lean concept of Kanban
- create and interpret both current and future-state value stream maps